April begins the Spring season of classes. It’s still a little early to plan too much outside as we are dependent upon the weather. We’ll fill out the details on these classes in the next several weeks adding locations and any equipment requirements you may have. If you have questions about any of the classes, call Gary Gardiner, 614-270-5705. Registration for these, and all Ohio Photo Classes, will be online. Or, you may call Gallery 202, 614-890-8202.
- 10 a.m. – Shooting RAW files and how they work to your advantage
- noon – Photoshop Smart Objects and how they speed your workflow
- 2 p.m. – Best Workflow Practices for Photoshop
- 4 p.m. – Adjustment layers and masks – Using only the good parts
- 10 a.m. – Using your Point & Shoot like it’s an SLR
- 12 noon – Setting up your new digital SLR so it’s easy to use
- 2 p.m. – Break the rules of composition and feel good about it. Simply better photos
Digital SLR Day – Date TBD
This day is dedicated to the new owners of Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras. Students will learn how to better control their camera so the resulting photos better match the photographer’s imagination. They will also learn simple techniques that will turn ordinary family snapshots into gallery perfect prints.
- 10 a.m. – Setting up your new digital SLR so it’s easy to use
- 12 noon – Setting camera priorities – Rotating the dial
- 2 p.m. – Composition, the Golden Ratio, 3 Dimensions and the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- 4 p.m. – Advanced DSLR techniques – hands-on lessons
Point & Shoot Simplicity – Date TBD
- 10 a.m. – Solving the mystery of pointing and shooting
- 12 noon – What are those hard to read icons on my dials?
- 2 p.m. – P&S composition and exposure secrets
- 4 p.m. – Permanent storge – Getting my photos to a safe place